Sunday, January 7, 2007

Back East

So here is a little update. My comp exam ran last friday - it was tough, but somehow I made it. At a quarter to four in the afternoon, with 5.5 hours of writing behind me, I was swimming in the crappily crafted sentences before me. As luck would have it the pizza deal I purchased the night before came with three cans of pop. A sprite each for A and I, with a coke left over. It was just this coke that I cracked, with a cool coke can sound, and I knew that I would be homefree as soon as that caffeine hit my veins. I shot off like a rigged out 96 honda civic with nitrous oxide pumping the tiny pistons down the last lines of the page. And famous last words they were: I'm afraid I went out mumbling something like "Religious Studies needs to understand it's complicity with secularism".

The next night I flew out east to see my folks and fam, losing one of my bags in the process. I'm still searching for it, but in the mean time I'm sporting some new duds courtesy of West Jet. Let's just hope the bag does come in, as they only have $250 insurance available for it, and that won't cover my undies. Fish net ain't cheep folks.

So I'm alone with my folks. It's fun being with them, but it's mighty sad not having my baberini with me. I'll see here soon. She flies in to Mtown on Tuesday night.
Showed my folks the highlights from Altman's last film tonight - The Prairie Home Companion. I highly recommend it. Garrison Keillor penned the thing; he also starred in it. Maryl Streep sings her heart out and it nearly brings me to tears. God love her. God love you; Thanks be to God for getting me through my first comp! I'm heading to bed.

No comments: