Saturday, March 24, 2007

facebook

So I've been playing with facebook these days. A friend participated in some email harrasment until I caved. But I'm glad I did cave. Facebook is everything email isn't . You don't loose connection everytime your internet provider squashes up your piddely little email - I'm looking at you Rogers Yahoo.

Anyway, I've connected with two long lost buds from high school on there. We used to have some good times - too good perhaps. I used to get dragged behind Mark's Ford Ranger in highschool. Not as bad as it sounds. For shits and giggles we would drive to this icy road near the school, two of us would get out and hang onto the tailgate, and the other would drive down the road. I've been up over 60km/h using this method. Faster then I've ever traveled on a mountain bike, thanks to the slick soles of doc Martens. One time Mark wanted to try, so another friend took the wheel. We ended up doing a 720, with Mark hanging on the back of the tail gate. At one point in the spin he was pinned between the truck and the snowbank. We almost rolled the truck. I climbed out of shotgun, slamming the door into the snowbank until I could get out. The truck was off kilter. We ran to Mark who was rolling around in pain, holding his ribs. I thought we had killed him. But low and behold, he only had the wind knocked out of him. That person was never allowed to drive the Ranger again. The end.

1 comment: