Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I'm back, loaded down with pictures and credit card debt


So I'm back from Colorado. I took over 700 pictures there and had a great time doing it. We did a lot - hiked (in Rocky Mountain National Park during a snowstorm, up a arid canyon outside Gateway, all over Denver), went white water rafting (royal gorge on the Arkansa river), wedded (Rachel and JEB), went to a Hold Steady concert (at the Ogden theater in Denver), ate Fondue with Mark (high school bud) and Kristin, sipped world famous Martinis with Rach and Pete (friends from Acadia), swam across a fast running river, frolicked in poison ivy (me - no reaction), teased mom-in-law (me - quite a reaction), and watched Rach get the biggest speeding ticket known to man ($393 for doing 45 mph in a 25 mph school zone while descending the rockies in the Mustang Pete rented). Go here to look at some pics.

I'm relaxed. Perhaps, way too relaxed. I've got my proposal presentation next Friday before the faculties of religious studies at WLU and UW. Peter and I are going to plan this thing out tomorrow. I've got to kick the brain back into gear. But I must say, it's funn running down low on the mental rpms for a week or two.

No comments: